We know that Dan and Ian are consumate consumers of information and business theory. So it was a bit of a somber moment earlier this week when we learned that Dr. Stephen Covey, the author of 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People, had passed away. Covey’s book “has been a top-seller for the simple reason that it ignores trends and pop psychology for proven principles of fairness, integrity, honesty, and human dignity” per the description on his website.
Couldn’t agree more.
This week, as a tribute to one of the first business theory books the guys got their hot little hands on, they are putting a bit of a spin on Covey’s original 7 Habits. Since Dan & Ian have developed (or haphazardly (accidentally sometimes) created) their own vocabulary around the sites, they decided to see how some of the most popular and important principles of the LBP mindset align.
Can You Match Covey’s 7 Habits To Their LBP Equivalent?
Stephen Covey’s 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People
- Be Proactive
- Being With The End In Mind
- Put First Things First
- Think Win-Win
- Seek First To Understand
- Sharpen The Saw
- Have A Great Premise
- Build A Team
- Gassin’ It
- Only You Know What’s Best – Everyone Else Just Defines What’s Good
- Party All Night
- Don’t Be An Amateur
- Was wondering if you could share some tips/suggestions on how to properly communicate/work with Fillipino outsourcers? I talked with a gentleman and he told me point blank: “The difference between communicating with a US worker vs a Fillipino is hugely different.” I suppose I should’ve learned more about their culture better? – Ry
- I’m a designer, hooking up with a web developer to create websites. My developer wants a huge fee for the solid work he’s capable of doing, and I’m not sure whether I’ll be able to mark that up to cover my portion of the work – Stef
- 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
- Turning Pro by Stephen Pressfield
- Summer Marketing Mashup – The 4-week webinar series we wake up super early in the morning (Asia time) to do with the guys from Internet Business Mastery, Foolish Adventure, and Smart Passive Income
Just The Tips
- TinEye - Ian’s stealthy online image spyware
- Miike Snow – Black & Blue
Have fun. Leave a comment. Send us a voicemail message! Go make it happen! :)
Photo Credit – Tommy Schultz Photography
Episode length: 20:28
- If you want to download the audio, you can sync with the iTunes store for free!
- Or right-click here for a direct download.
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could click over to our iTunes page and give us a positive review. This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: Dan at lifestyle business podcast . com.