We Help Entrepreneurs Grow Great Businesses (From Anywhere)
This site started in late 2009 as a job advertisement for a paid intern to join me as I traveled and worked on my company (I own an e-commerce and product design firm based out of California that makes stuff like cat furniture). Since that first gig, we’ve helped sponsor 10 tropical internships within our team, and helped place another 20 aspiring entrepreneurs with entrepreneurs in our network.
We’ve also helped to pull together a private community of over 500 location independent entrepreneurs that aims to connect talented entrepreneurs with jobs, employees, industry leading information, travel companions, and few great events to attend as they build their businesses.
What We Do
Since late 2007, we’ve built a 7-figure ecommerce business that produces quality niche products. That business currently employs 13 people worldwide– many of them location independent themselves. We have employees, balance sheets, offices, inventory, and all the headaches and hard won knowledge that comes from that. We try to complement business fundamentals with the best online marketing tactics we can get our hands on.
Here’s an example of some of the products that our company makes, portable bars and high end cat furniture respectively:
- We occasionally offer paid internships for aspiring digital nomads who want to jump start their careers by working for us for a few months (or years!). So far we’ve run 11 internships and helped a handful of our peers run their own. Grab the RSS feed or subscribe to our mailing list to ensure you don’t miss the next TMBA internship opportunity.
- We bring entrepreneurs together. We’ve rented a big house in Bali, started a private mastermind group, started throwing parties, and occasionally organize summits.
- We help other entrepreneurs start and grow their businesses. Check out the Lifestyle Business Podcast.(Click here to see our top-rated iTunes podcast).
How do I get started with this site?
- Our best work and advice to date is in the Lifestyle Business Podcast. We started recording episodes back in 2009, the show now has received over 1 million downloads and has received 200+ 5-star reviews on iTunes. The LBP is often ranked as a top 25 business podcast in Apple’s directory. You can subscribe in iTunes or visit the site.
- If you’d prefer to hear me drop f-bombs while I share the real inside story of location independent entrepreneurship, check out our second podcast, Tropical Talk Radio.
Want To Read Our Best Articles?
- More than any other article on this site, “Oh the Places You’ll Go” shares some key milestones in our journey to building a multi-million dollar business, and shares some of the behind the scenes stories of TMBA and Dynamite Circle.
- Check out my answer of a question I get a lot, “I Want to Make Money From Anywhere in the World… Where Should I Start?”
- You can also learn How to Make $10,000 in One Day
- Learn the 100 Rules of Building A Business You Can Run from Anywhere
- Or get an inside look at The 1000 Day Rule- What Living The Dream Really Looks Like
How To Connect With Us
- Subscribe to this blog’s RSS feed. Here’s a short explanation of what RSS is, and how it can save you time.
- Follow me on Twitter. I love twitter and use it daily. You can find me @TropicalMBA..
- You can write me an email Dan at Tropical MBA dot com.
- Put your email address in to the form below, and be sure to never miss a TMBA update, party, or internship.
I’d love to speak at your event. Here’s me giving a talk called “Podcasting and Platform.” In it, I dissect some popular audience-based business models and show how entrepreneurs can use them to build profitable businesses that scale. You can email me about this topic and many others here.
For members of our private forum we throw events in April and October. You can find out more by reading about our inner circle.
The Lifestyle Business Podcast
The LBP is our flagship podcast. It get’s published every Thursday 8AM, Eastern Standard Time.
The LBP has over 200 5-star reviews on iTunes and has been downloaded 100′s of thousands of times since August 2009. The LBP is regularly featured in iTunes as a Top 25 business podcast.
Tropical Talk Radio [explicit]
Tropical Talk Radio is the latest addition to our podcasting portfolio. It get’s published whenever we have a chance to fire up the mic!
This show is a lot more casual and more of a behind the scenes vibe of what we are up to. TTR has 30 5-star reviews on iTunes.
Be sure to put your email address into the form below, you’ll be the first to know about Tropical MBA news.