We’re doing so by speaking with Tim Conley, a Dynamite Circle member who has quite a bit of experience in these types of relationships. We talk to him about how to find a mentor, what makes a good one and how these relationships evolve over time.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- Why anyone who would make a good mentor will say no when you approach them. (3:40)
- Tim’s definition of what a mentor is. (4:34)
- The different types of characters that pop up when fostering these kinds of relationships. (9:24)
- Tips to keep in mind when searching for a mentor. (22:53)
- Why successful people usually have more responsibility and not less. (27:00)
Mentioned in the episode:
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- TMBA159: A is for Apprentice
- TMBA270: A Roundtable Discussion on Apprentices, Mentoring and Team Building
- TMBA294: A Guide to Finding, Winning and Creating Location Independent Apprenticeships
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at email@example.com.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST.
Dan & Ian