Entrepreneurial integrity and the true drive of a hustler shine through in this week’s episode of the Lifestyle Business Podcast. With a dose of that familiar Dan and Ian banter and a sprinkle of delightful puns, they break it down in a longer than usual episode to bring you the valuable marketing mojo you’re looking for.
They pick apart the rip, pivot and jam formula to make sure you’re honing in on the proper pivot and jam methods while telling you why many people get a little off track at this point. You’ll also get Dan and Ian’s riverside hut metaphor to guide you in your quest of setting up shop and getting your first customers.
You’re Mission, if you Choose to Accept it…
- Why you need to stop waiting for permission and accept your mission.
- Dan’s entrepreneurial litmus test to ensure your motivations are beyond opportunism.
- How to rip, pivot and jam for results while avoiding whack pivots.
- Why building your hut in a rice patty does you no good – and how to reposition your shack to catch the most fish.
- The difference between a good employee and a great employee. (It’s not what you think)
- Connect on Twitter: @TropicalMBA and @AnythingIan
- Tito’s Vadka
- Derek Sivers book – Anything You Want (Affiliate Link/Non-affiliate Link)
- Dan Norris – Inform.ly
- Jake Hower – Multimedia Marketing Show
- James Schramko – Superfast Business
- David Jenyns – Melbourne SEO
- Matt Canty – Lifestyle Business Design
- Josh Plotkin – Brazilian Gringo
- Northface Surge Backpack (Affiliate Link/Non-affiliate Link)
- 37 Signals
Just The Tips
- Daily Diary Writing
- “Fader” – by the Temper Trap
The Limited Attention Span Jam:
- Rachel Aaron’s Book – 2k to 10k: Writing Faster, Writing Better, and Writing More of What You Love (Affiliate Link/Non-Affiliate Link)
- Clay Collins Interview with Brain Clark from CopyBlogger
- Leave us a message. It’s easy to do, and if you mess up, you can easily edit your message until you are ready to send it our way.
Have fun. Leave a comment. Go make it happen! :)
Episode length: 28:45
- If you want to download the audio, you can sync with the iTunes store
- Android, Apple, Palm & other listeners can listen on Stitcher Radio
- Or right-click here for a direct download.
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could click over to our iTunes page and give us a positive review or visit Stitcher radio and give us the good ol’ Thumbs Up. This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: Dan at lifestyle business podcast . com.