This is an exciting episode for us. Bossman and I are pleased to announce that we have sold our product business. The sale process was over a year and a half long, and we are going to be telling some pretty interesting stories about what happened along the way. We’ll also be talking about what we have learned from exiting a business that has been such a big part of our life since 2007. On this episode, we’ll be sharing seven things we wish we would have known, that we hope other people will consider when selling their business.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- Why we decided it was time to leave our business.
- Our experiences with the different suitors that offered to buy our business.
- Why you have to have your financials in order from day one.
- How our emotions almost cost us a million dollars on the deal.
- What the best time is to sell your business and why.
- The complications of working with brokers and lawyers during the sale process.
People on this episode:
Mentioned in the episode:
- The Dynamite Circle
- Call us at 888-554-8428
- TropicalMBA Listeners
- DCBKK 2015: Looking for an Excuse to Visit Bangkok in October?
- DCBKK 2015 Public Tickets
- Tropical MBA is Hiring – Seeking Writer and Producer
- TMBA222: The Full Story Behind Our First Niche
- TMBA260: The Long Road to Mid 5-Figure Months
- Chris Ducker
- Empire Flippers
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST.
Dan & Ian