It’s been a really rough week for Dan and Ian. This is mostly due to the fact that they arrived in the Philippines to meet with 14 bright eyed participants of our August TMBA Session and it was a bit of a challenge.
Not because of the participants.
Instead they encountered a slight typhoon wreaking havoc on Manila, Batangas City & Pier, Mindoro, Puerto Galera, and Badladz Resort. In other words, they were surrounded by the storm. What should have been a fun 3-hour tour of the Philippines to get to the resort turned in to an adventure of epic proportions. But everyone arrived safe and sound, amped up on the adrenaline of their adventure, with huge grins on their faces and dates with their beds.
Which is to say, in true internet meme fashion, sometimes owning a business isn’t all double rainbows and Tiger Blood. Sometimes, you are killin’ it and sometimes you are struggling to get it all done, through some pretty adverse situations and circumstances.
What Are Some Of The Things They Learned This Week?
- Not Planning In Advance – Do you follow through with stuff from the beginning, or do you put it off? Does it cost you – time, money, relationships?
- Spending Time Doing Stuff You Aren’t Putting Your Best Energy Into – Staring at a computer screen for 3 hours doesn’t help anyone. Are you being productive or are you keeping busy?
- Doing Things That Others Can Do – Are you taking your employee development seriously? What are you delegating and what are you holding on to?
- Maintaining Cash Flows (Known Quantities) Instead Of Breaking New Ground – If you know how to scale and develop you business, are you able to make the tough decisions about where to invest resources – even if it means taking away from other parts of the company?
- Good news! Laundry soap was on sale… I had the choice of “Mountain Rain”, or “Tropical Passion.” Guess which one I chose? I went for the “EXTRA Tropical Passion”… You guys influenced my buying decision today! Sounds like the laundry soap people need to sponsor your podcast! P.S. Google has you ranked #1 for the search term “lifestyle business taco sauce” LOL –
Eric Foster – aka The Boo-Yah Taco Bell Sauce Guy.
Matt Kowalak and his business partner Jamon, are offering an internship with their manufacturing & outsourcing company, High Cappin’. We met Matt at the June TMBA Session and the guy is so baller when it comes to this stuff we invited him and Jamon to speak at our August TMBA Session as featured experts. We were a little worried the CEO might jump ship for this gig, but he assures us he’s gonna stay put…for now. Check Out The High Cappin Internship Details Here
Also this week…
Just The Tips
Get Your Voice On The LBP
- Leave us a message. It’s easy to do, and if you mess up, you can easily edit your message until you are ready to send it our way.
Have fun. Leave a comment. Go make it happen! :)
Episode length: 24:13
- If you want to download the audio, you can sync with the iTunes store for free!
- Or right-click here for a direct download.
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could click over to our iTunes page and give us a positive review. This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: Dan at lifestyle business podcast . com.