Dan and Ian are breaking out of the usual format to bring you some first hand knowledge on expatriate and lifestyle business taxes. Yep, it’s that time of year again when Uncle Sam starts checking his ledger to make sure you don’t owe. Even if you’re not a US citizen, there are some golden nuggets in this week’s episode.
On the show today, the fellas are joined by David McKeegan from Greenback Tax Services. He’s going to lay down the top five tax tips to help you save money on your taxes while abroad. Preserve your bottom line and get straight with Uncle Sam by utilizing some of these lesser known tips.
“I Want You…”
- How you can save 5 K a year in just 30 minutes.
- Why you shouldn’t be scared of the FBAR – and what it can do for you.
- Two methods you can use to exclude up to $95,100 of income from taxation.
- How you can avoid double taxation when living abroad.
- Why your passwords might not be secure if you use Google Chrome.
- Rob Walling – Software by Rob – Startups For The Rest Of Us Podcast
- Cody McKibben – Digital Nomad Academy – Thrilling Heroics
- David McKeegan – Greenback Tax Services
- Most Important Tax Info for Expats – Webinar Slides
- Greenback Tax Blog
- Services offered by Greenback
Just The Tips
- Caffeine App
- IF YOU SAVE YOUR PASSWORDS IN GOOGLE CHROME… they are visible.
- “Thift Shop” - Macklemore and Ryan Lewis
- Leave us a message. It’s easy to do, and if you mess up, you can easily edit your message until you are ready to send it our way.
Have fun. Leave a comment. Go make it happen! :)
- If you want to download the audio, you can sync with the iTunes store
- Android, Apple, Palm & other listeners can listen on Stitcher Radio
- Or right-click here for a direct download.
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could click over to our iTunes page and give us a positive review or visit Stitcher radio and give us the good ol’ Thumbs Up. This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: Dan at lifestyle business podcast . com.