Dan’s set a Sunday deadline for finishing his first book and getting it to a group of Beta readers. Ian and Dan have laid out the upcoming meetups for DCers with definite meetups in April (Europe) and October (Bangkok – #DCBKK) and a potential get together in the Phillipines in March.
In today’s episode Dan and Ian make some predictions for 2013 and beyond. Turns out, they think Seth Godin is a pretty smart guy.
“The Imagination Economy” and Other Predictions for 2013
- Start marketing your product today, even if it’s not ready.
- The #1 metric that will make or break your business in 2013.
- The most valuable skill that businesses will ned in 2013. (Hint: It’s not PR firms, web design, or SEO).
- Why the economy of 2013 will send eBooks the way of Microsoft.
- If you aren’t publishing, you’re renouncing leadership in your industry.
- The rise of the 4-Hour Work Week generation and what it means for the future of business.
- Looks like corporations are catching on to this whole “lifestyle design” thing.
- Why the world’s still flattening and international diversification is only going to accelerate.
- Startups for the Rest of Us
- Matt Kress
- Kleiner Perkins Report
- Seth Godin
- The 4th Economy – Ron Davidson (Affiliate Link / Non-affiliate Link)
- James Schramko
- VehicleServicePros.com (Ian’s mini-New York Times)
- Brendan Tully
- Work the System – Sam Carpenter (Affiliate Link / Non-affiliate Link)
- Cebu Pacific
Just The Tips
- Leave us a message. It’s easy to do, and if you mess up, you can easily edit your message until you are ready to send it our way.
Have fun. Leave a comment. Go make it happen! :)
Episode length: 31:12
- If you want to download the audio, you can sync with the iTunes store
- Android, Apple, Palm & other listeners can listen on Stitcher Radio
- Or right-click here for a direct download.
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could click over to our iTunes page and give us a positive review or visit Stitcher radio and give us the good ol’ Thumbs Up. This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: Dan at lifestyle business podcast . com.