Occasionally we’ll be putting out a ‘Tuesday podcast’ with some news and ways you can get involved beyond the main TMBA show. I’ll make some notes below but, if you’re interested in our new ‘finding your dream job’, attending one of our events, or hearing what’s in store for 2018 at the blog, I recommend you listen to today’s show, which has more details than the post.
Some readers have emailed me this month saying you’d like to see more TMBA blog posts. I appreciate that!
Last year there were a few that many of you shared with your friends and colleagues, the most popular being:
- The Cult of Early Retirement
- The Middle Class Mind
- A Ten-Year Retrospective on the Four Hour Work Week
Although there are no new posts this week, we’ve focused our writing energy into producing a new book.
The tentative publish date is March 13th. Sign up for email notifications and you’ll be the first to know about it.
Ways to Get Involved with the TMBA
Here’s some things going on in Q1 and 2018:
- Change your career by joining a new team. Many of the most popular articles, over the years, here at TMBA have been ‘hiring posts’, where we seek to find operations and marketing professionals for innovative companies growing distributed teams. We’ve done this many times for our friends and colleagues, and now we’re doing it officially. If you’re seeking a job with more freedom and flexibility be sure to follow Dynamite Jobs this year.
- Send us an email. We love hearing from you. We read every email we receive (understand that we often cannot respond to complex inquiries). Have feedback for us? A question for the show? Seeking an investor? Feel we should be doing something we’re not? Go ahead and drop us a line. Dan or Ian at Tropical MBA dot com. If your question is podcast related, you can talk to our producer directly Jane at TropicalMBA dot com.
- Sponsor the TMBA podcast. This year we’re happy to announce our 2018 sponsors Growth Ninja and Empire Flippers. The quality of readers and listeners here at the TMBA has always impressed me and, clearly, our sponsors. We still have slots left for Q2 and also beyond in 2018. If you’re interested, email Ian directly Ian at TropicalMBA dot come.
- Join over 1,000 established entrepreneurs in our community, who participate in a variety of activities designed to grow great companies:
- April 14th Official Conference in Austin, TX USA
- October 18th Official Conference in Bangkok, Thailand (“DCBKK“, our biggest annual event).
- Member organized events (ranging from 20 to 100 attendees) this year in HCMC, Gold Coast, Mexico City, Tbilisi, Taipei, Barcelona, Budapest Lisbon, NYC, and Hong Kong.
- Monthly global informal meetups.
- Bi-annual facilitated virtual mastermind groups (that run for 6 months) with those with like minds, experience, and goals (last week we facilitated 47 new groups).
- Amazing things happen at these events, which is why so many members return year after year.
The DC has a ton of moving parts, so if you’re curious or have questions please let us know.
Most of what happens here at the TMBA happens below the blog, but we’ll do our best to post some thoughts here from time to time.
Thanks for reading and hope you’re off to a great 2018.