After spending some time back in the States, both Dan and Ian have been experiencing some different viewpoints on personal finance. Many of which are based on 20th century circumstances and have survived the turn of the century in our society and our mindsets.
This episode is dedicated to showing you some base level shifts in your personal finance mentality that will prepare you for success in entrepreneurship. Dan and Ian both share their viewpoints on upgrading their working class American financial influences to set themselves up to reap the benefits of small business ownership.
I Deserve It, But Can I Afford It?
- The American home ownership fettish and why this isn’t optimal for you as an entrepreneur.
- The Mark Cuban Warchest Theory and how that will give you optionality and buying power when it matters.
- Your mindset on spending, personal belongings and how you can extend your business’ runway.
- Why calculating luxury expenses by a percentage of your net worth can be an incredibly potent exercise.
- Dave Ramsey – The Dave Ramsey Podcast
- Barbara Kiviat – Time Magazine Article
- Mark Cuban – His Blog and The War Chest Theory
- Eric Dubs – Bed Phones
Just The Tips
- “Lay Low” – My Morning Jacket
- July 5 – DCx WDS Portland
- July 19 – DCx Amsterdam
- October 18 – DC BKK
- Leave us a message. It’s easy to do, just attach a simple .mp3 recording to the email.
Have fun. Leave a comment. Go make it happen! :)
- If you want to download the audio, you can sync with the iTunes store
- Android, Apple, Palm & other listeners can listen on Stitcher Radio
- Or right-click here for a direct download.
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could click over to our iTunes page and give us a positive review or visit Stitcher radio and give us the good ol’ Thumbs Up. This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: Dan at lifestyle business podcast . com.