Do you think it is possible to launch a scale-able start-up in just one week’s time with no money invested? That might sound too good to be true, but Dan Norris has not only articulated an approach to this in his book, “The 7 Day Startup”, he has also used it to grow his own business, WPcurve to close to $25K in monthly recurring revenue it his first year, and over 50K in monthly recurring revenue now. On this week’s episode, I’ve invited him to share his unique insights about running low-risk startups.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- Why having a profitable idea isn’t enough.
- Why founder / idea fit is so critical.
- How to build momentum and how to know when you have it.
- What Dan has learned about being a published author and selling books in general.
- Why your business should look appealing to investors, even if you aren’t trying to attract them.
- How our ideas differ about investing back into your business.
People on this episode:
Mentioned in the episode:
- The Dynamite Circle
- Call us at 888-554-8428
- TropicalMBA Listeners
- The 7 Day Startup: You Don’t Learn Until You Launch
- The Complete Guide to Book Marketing
- WPCast: Entering the Startup Matrix with Dan Norris
- How to Make Your SaaS App More Contagious with Josh Pickford
- Zero to One by Peter Theil
- Rob Walling
- Patrick McKenzie
- Pat Flynn
- James Altucher
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST.
Dan & Ian