As regular listeners know, Dan has recently moved to Barcelona and he’s starting to get more than a little embarrassed by his
limited range lack of Spanish. But he also has a lot of questions and concerns about the kind of a time investment it’s going to take him to learn a new language.
So, in today’s episode, he reaches out to two people who have built successful businesses in the language learning field, and who both speak many different languages themselves: Benny Lewis of FluentIn3Months.com and Idahosa Ness, the founder of The Mimic Method. They share some high-quality tips and strategies about how to become fluent in a foreign language – and in a way that fits your lifestyle.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- How much confidence plays into the process of learning a language. (4:54)
- What Benny’s first six months in Spain were like and why he was struggling to learn Spanish. (8:15)
- The difference between learning a language and living a language. (11:00)
- The two key stages to learning a language on a conversational level. (24:47)
- How learning a language is similar to learning how to play an instrument. (26:05)
Mentioned in the episode:
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Benny Lewis
- Idahosa Ness
- The Mimic Method
- Teach Yourself
- Erasmus Mundus – Events
- Learn to Play the Guitar in 10 Hours – No Musical Talent Required
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- TMBA 253: A Bootstrapper’s Thoughts on Intellectual Property
- TMBA 272: Is It Getting Harder to Grow a Successful Business Selling Info Products?
- TMBA 330: Getting the Most Out of YouTube
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected]
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST.
Dan & Ian