We often talk about the “1,000 Day Principle” or the idea that it will take about 1,000 days to get a new business off the ground before it replaces the income from your 9-to-5.
But what happens after those 1,000 Days?
Chris Cage‘s 1,000 Day Journey has been well-documented on previous episodes of this podcast.
Chris is the founder of Greenbelly Meals, a company that manufactures high-quality, high-calorie bars for through-hikers. Greenbelly Meals is now over 5 years old, and Chris is facing a whole new set of challenges.
Chris joins us this week to talk about how he has handled the “Middle Game” of entrepreneurship.
You’ll hear about his first full-time hire, how he has created a repeatable process for getting clients, why he is taking time away from the business, and much more.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- Chris’s experience hiring his first real employee. (4:42)
- What his day-to-day schedule looks like one year after hiring someone. (14:28)
- The content marketing processes that Chris has built into his business. (19:20)
- How much time Chris has saved by hiring people and creating processes. (28:22)
- Why Chris made the decision to take a significant amount of time off last year. (31:41)
Mentioned in the episode:
Deal of the Week:
This week’s Dynamite Deal comes to you courtesy of The Online Taxman.
If you’re an entrepreneur looking to improve the tax structure of your current business or want to create the tax structure of a new business, this deal has got you covered.
The Online Taxman has been helping entrepreneurs and US expats for the past 10 years with international business structuring and financial advice.
As a part of this Dynamite Deal, The Online Taxman is offering services for Non-U.S. Citizens or Residents who want to save on business taxes, as well as U.S. citizens who want to take advantage of offshoring their business.
Head on over to DynamiteDeals.co today to take advantage of this Dynamite Deal.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected] or leave us a voice message using the record button below.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian