Today’s episode features five of the most important takeaways from that event, focusing primarily on the cold, hard realities of what it means to be an entrepreneur in 2017. These subjects range from hiring A players to harnessing your “superpowers” and much, much more.
You’ll also hear a lot of news about the podcast, including an opportunity for one talented listener to win a $1500 cash prize.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- Why it can still take a really long time to make your business a reality. (8:25)
- How the head trash of bad hiring can screw up a good business. (17:56)
- How to identify what your “superpower” is. (24:19)
- The difference between being a founder and being an owner. (34:35)
- An opportunity to win a $1500 cash prize. (42:52)
Mentioned in the episode:
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Help Us Choose a New Name for the TropicalMBA Podcast
- Jungle Scout
- Greg Mercer
- Jason Cohen
- WP Engine
- Laura Roeder
- Meet Edgar
- Mr. Money Mustache
- The 4-Hour Workweek
- Book in a Box
This week’s sponsor:
A big thanks to Jungle Scout – this episode’s sponsor. Jungle Scout is an awesome analytical tool that has helped thousands to launch and grow profitable Amazon businesses. Many Amazon sellers confidently vote Jungle Scout as the most important tool they use in their business.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- TMBA 305: Building Teams of A Players
- TMBA 324: The Amazon Gold Rush
- TMBA 371: Should Your Next Employee Be a Mom?
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected]
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian [optin-cat id=13990]