In April 2013, Ian and I founded a business with Jesse Lawler (founder of Smart Drugs Smarts and Podcast Pop) to found ValetUp.com. Nearly two years later we find ourselves on the other side of the looking glass wondering what went wrong. In today’s episode, we’re going to talk about what we learned from that experience, how we failed, and what we are going to do about it in the future. We’re also going to hear from Jesse about his new project, Podcast Pop, and how it is going to benefit podcasters who are looking to build a more organic connection with their audience.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- Where the initial concept behind ValetUp came from and how we agreed to partner up.
- The key assumption we made about the marketplace that turned out to be wrong.
- Exactly how much money the three of us lost on this venture.
- How we each realized that it was time to get out.
- What we believe went wrong and the three things we would do differently
- What to expect from Jessie’s new business endeavor.
People on this episode:
Mentioned in the episode:
- The Dynamite Circle
- Call us at 888-554-8428
- TropicalMBA Listeners
- TMBA212: Building Distributed Software Teams in Asia
- Podcast Pop (DC Offer Link)
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST.
Dan & Ian