But, as you’ll find out during this episode, Tim is more than just a blogger. He is a business owner and all-around creative person. His blog has even attracted people like Elon Musk, who enjoyed ‘Wait But Why’ so much that he reached out to Tim directly to ask him to write about some of his projects.
In this week’s show, Tim shares the story behind the creation of his blog, his business partnership and what the future holds in store for him.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- What originally attracted Dan and Ian to Tim’s blog. (1:51)
- Why Tim decided to do away with his publishing deadlines. (5:05)
- How Tim’s relationship with his partner Andrew has paralleled Dan and Ian’s partnership. (11:27)
- What made Tim decide to start Wait But Why. (15:31)
- Why Elon Musk reached out to Tim about his blog. (25:54)
Mentioned in the episode:
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Tim Urban
- Wait But Why
- Elon Musk
- Andrew Finn
- Michael Lewis
- Mark Zuckerberg
- Wait But Why on Patreon
- 7 Ways to Be Insufferable on Facebook
- The AI Revolution: The Road to Superintelligence
- Elon Musk: The World’s Raddest Man
- It’s Going to be Okay
- It’s Going to be Okay – Follow Up
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- TMBA 341: Alex Blumberg on the Power of Podcasting
- TMBA 354: Who is Mr. Regular? The Story Behind the Hit YouTube Channel Regular Car Reviews
- TMBA 366: A Conversation with Ricardo Semler
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected]
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST.
Dan & Ian