Is it possible to build a business and monetize your art? This is a question we get asked a lot. One of our listeners got in touch with us this week and challenged us to speak about how we would apply some of our entrepreneurial principles to a career in art or music. If you are an artist of any kind, this is the episode for you. We’ll be talk about what we believe it means to be an artist, how to support your art through a job or business, and how you can leverage 1,000 true fans to build a career doing what you love.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- What makes someone a professional artist and what it takes to be at that level.
- Our thoughts on the relationship between art and technology.
- What “The Hard Middle” is and how an artist can use it to their advantage.
- The benefits of becoming a curator.
- Why you need to be providing value to other people with your art.
- Why right now is the best time to be an artist.
People on this episode:
Mentioned in the episode:
- The Dynamite Circle
- Call us at 888-554-8428
- TropicalMBA Listeners
- Our 10 Episode Series on Productized Services
- TMBA190: 1,000 True Fans, 100 True Customers, or 10 True Clients
- The Champs Podcast
- Ira Glass
- Maria Popova
- Hannibal Buress
- Kevin Kelly on The James Altucher Show
- The Dan Plan
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST.
Dan & Ian