Longtime listeners know that they spent eight years growing a business that they eventually sold. They have also spent countless hours on this show speaking to other entrepreneurs who have changed their lives by growing and ‘exiting’ their own businesses.
Because of this, they have decided to share their unique personal experience on this topic in the form of a new book, which Dan has recently finished writing.
They didn’t choose to write this book as a business venture, though. They were driven by the idea that any entrepreneur can make these kinds of life-changing business deals if they are equipped with the right knowledge.
On today’s episode, you will hear all about their decision to write this book, what that experience was like, and how you can be one of the first people to read it.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- How TropicalMBA listeners can read the book for free. (1:57)
- Why Dan and Ian believe every entrepreneur needs to have a plan for exiting their business. (3:22)
- What compelled Dan and Ian to write this book. (5:06)
- How they designed some of the thought experiments in the book. (10:34)
- Why they wished that this book existed before they sold their business. (12:55)
Mentioned in the episode:
- Before the Exit – Our New Book
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Help Us Choose a New Name for the TropicalMBA Podcast
- DC BKK
- Bo Burlingham
- Finish Big by Bo Burlingham
- How to Get Rich by Felix Dennis
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is brought to you by Bean Ninjas. Most bookkeeping professionals think an Amazon product is rainforest lumber. The Bean Ninjas is a bookkeeping service that specializes in online businesses. The Bean Ninjas are offering a one-hour road mapping session to help clarify where your finances are and what your next steps should be. As a very special offer to listeners of this show, you can get access to that session at a fraction of the regular cost.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian