One of the things that Dan and Ian love about creating this podcast is that they not only get to talk to some pretty interesting people, but they also get to follow their stories as they build and scale their businesses.
Since we last talked, Brent’s team has more or less doubled. They’ve made a decision to raise capital, bought a headquarters in Columbia, Missouri and Brent has written a book about buying businesses called “The Messy Marketplace“.
On today’s episode, we are revisiting Brent’s story and hearing how Adventur.es has grown since we last spoke.
You’ll also hear how things have changed since they have raised over 50 million dollars in investment capital, and why Brent decided to write a book aimed at those selling and buying businesses.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- Some of the ways that Adventur.es differs from other private equity firms. (7:48)
- What size companies Adventur.es typically targets to buy and why. (16:57)
- Why Adventur.es decided to raise 50 million dollars and what they plan to do with it. (25:15)
- Why they are investing in companies with long term success in mind. (31:58)
- How things have changed now that they are investing with other people’s money. (40:39)
Mentioned in the episode:
- Before the Exit – Our New Book
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Help Us Choose a New Name for the TropicalMBA Podcast
- DC BKK
- Dynamite Jobs
- Brent Beshore
- The Messy Marketplace by Brent Beshore
- The Orbit
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is brought to you by Dynamite Jobs. Dynamite Jobs is a service that helps entrepreneurs and listeners of this show find top, experienced talent to join their teams. These types of remote positions can be especially challenging to hire for, and we specialize in making that process easy. For those of you who are on the hunt for a new opportunity, we know how frustrating it can be to find good remote jobs, so we only work with established, reputable companies offering great remote opportunities. If you’re looking for a new job in the new year, check out DynamiteJobs.co.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected] or leave us a voice message using the record button below.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian