For a very long time, Warren Buffett was the richest person in the world. And, as part of their research, Dan and Ian recently read Alice Schroeder’s fantastic biography of Warren Buffett titled “The Snowball”.
They felt that they learnt so much from both the book, and from the principles that Warren Buffett applies in his life and business, that they decided to dedicate an episode to his story.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- Warren Buffett’s description of finding success. (2:10)
- Why Buffett believed in making meaningful investments in companies rather than just buying stock. (3:14)
- The difference between keeping an “Inner Scorecard” and an “Outer Scorecard”. (6:10)
- Warren Buffet’s views on partnerships. (9:47)
- The importance of being hyper-focused on what you are good at. (14:31)
Mentioned in the episode:
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Warren Buffett
- The Snowball by Alice Schroeder
- Berkshire Hathaway
- Berkshire Hathaway Shareholder Letters
- Jeff Bezos
- The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham
- Charlie Munger
- Marc Cuban
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- TMBA 326: To VC or Not to VC, That is the Question
- TMBA 328: How Do You Manage Your Money?
- TMBA 334: Here’s How We Plan to ‘Manage’ Our Money
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected]
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST.
Dan & Ian