This year, they decided to do something different, by bringing together their eight-person remote team from all around the world for a two-day team retreat in Austin following DCAUS.
For anyone with their own remote team who is considering something similar, this episode is for you.
On this week’s podcast, they are sharing their reflections from that experience. You’ll hear what they learned from the retreat, the pros and cons of hosting one for your remote team, and much more.
Stick around after the credits for a bonus glimpse into Ian’s personal man cave and podcast recording studio, and some reflections on Austin, Texas as a city for entrepreneurs.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- What inspired us to pull our entire team together for a two-day retreat. (2:25)
- The importance of establishing a culture in a remote business. (12:08)
- Tips for determining and mitigating the cost of a retreat. (21:10)
- How we want to improve our future team retreats. (36:59)
- A bonus look at Ian’s podcast recording studio. (43:12)
Mentioned in the episode:
- Before the Exit – Our New Book
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- Help Us Choose a New Name for the TropicalMBA Podcast
- DC BKK
- Dynamite Jobs
- David Hauser
- Noah Kagan
- Taylor Pearson
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is brought to you by Dynamite Jobs. Dynamite Jobs is a service that helps entrepreneurs and listeners of this show find top, experienced talent to join their teams. These types of remote positions can be especially challenging to hire for, and we specialize in making that process easy. For those of you who are on the hunt for a new opportunity, we know how frustrating it can be to find good remote jobs, so we only work with established, reputable companies offering great remote opportunities. If you’re looking for a new job in the new year, check out DynamiteJobs.co.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected] or leave us a voice message using the record button below.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian