Simon Payne is the co-founder of Leadpages, the industry standard software in creating landing pages for websites. Dan and Ian originally met Simon in the Philippines, around the time that they were forming the Dynamite Circle.
In this episode, you’ll hear how that original meet-up hugely influenced Simon, as well as the true story of how Leadpages was created, and what the future has in store for Simon. It’s pretty epic.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- The story of the very first Dynamite Circle meetup. (5:55)
- What made Simon decide that he wanted to build something “as big as Twitter or Facebook”. (10:27)
- Who Clay Collins and Tracy Simmons are and how Simon met them. (17:10)
- How Clay, Tracy and Simon began to develop Leadpages. (21:35)
- Why Simon chose to walk away from Leadpages and what is next for him. (27:44)
Mentioned in the episode:
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Simon Payne
- The 4-Hour Workweek
- Sebastian Marshall
- Clay Collins
- Tracy Simmons
- Rob Walling
- Startups for the Rest of Us
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- TMBA 238: 9 Months Into A SaaS Project – 5 Things We’d Do Differently
- TMBA 293: Start a Business This Weekend Using the Software With a Service (SWaS) Business Model
- TMBA 326: To VC or Not to VC, That is the Question
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected]
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST.
Dan & Ian