The boss man is back this week after a far too long hiatus and his timing is perfect for a topic we absolutely love. Kiri called in with some concerns about whether it’s time to cut her losses with her current business, or if there’s anything she can do to turn it around. Her major problems include a low price point, high shipping, an ungrateful audience, and low margins. It’s a difficult issue, and we’ve got strong opinions on it, Shark Tank style.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- The biggest danger when someone says “sunk cost”.
- A review of our major recommendations for an apprenticeship.
- Why using Kickstarter might (or might not) be the right move going forward.
- How to uplevel a customer to make your business worthwhile.
- How to cast a net to get your customers to take action in a way that informs us.
People on this episode:
Mentioned in the episode:
- Call us at 888-554-8428
- Derek Sivers – Why I Am Here
- Portable Bar Company
- A Is For Apprentice
- I Like That Lamp
- Fretboard Anatomy
- Patrick McKenzie’s Year In Review
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST.
Dan & Ian
PS, if you’d like to receive emails from us occasionally, you can put your email address into the form below: