Starting out as an entrepreneur can be scary – but it’s exhilarating and rewarding too. In the first part of series of episodes about the ‘different stages of the entrepreneurial journey’, Dan and Ian revisit some advice they gave Kiri Masters who, in 2013, was still in her day job as a highly successful corporate player whilst struggling to set up a business that would give her the lifestyle and kind of satisfaction that she felt she was missing.
What advice did Dan and Ian give Kiri? Did she follow it? What’s happening with her business today?
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- How Kiri got the idea to start her first business making DIY lampshade kits. (5:03)
- Why she decided to quit her lucrative day job to follow this dream. (7:30)
- What kind of advice we gave to Kiri about her business two years ago. (9:10)
- Whether she ended up taking our advice and what has happened to her business since. (14:30)
- Where Kiri hopes to be two years from now. (21:47)
Mentioned in the episode:
- The Dynamite Circle
- I Like That Lamp
- Pat Flynn
- Rob Walling
- Bobsled Marketing
- Taylor Pearson
- The End of Jobs by Taylor Pearson
- Jeff Pecaro
- Sophia Bera
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- TMBA226: How to Know When to Cut Bait? 5 Signs Your Niche Needs Changed
- TMBA298: A 10 True Clients Business Model Case Study
- TMBA307: The One Where a Business Starts on the Show
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected].
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST.
Dan & Ian