This week, you’ll hear about something that Ian introduced into Dan’s life: cycling.
But this episode isn’t just about riding bikes. Patrick shares his attitudes about generating revenue with his blog, writers that inspire him and lots more.
Hardcore cycling enthusiasts should stay tuned for some bonus content after the credits as well, where Patrick and Dan geek out about the ultimate places to cycle, the controversy over disc brakes and ideal tire pressures (yes it gets THAT wonky).
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- How Patrick founded Red Kite Prayer after getting laid off in 2008. (8:01)
- The mental health benefits of riding a bicycle. (19:02)
- Why Patrick won’t travel anywhere without his bicycle. (26:20)
- The difficulties Patrick has faced in monetizing Red Kite Prayer. (34:20)
- What inspired Patrick to get into podcasting. (43:01)
Mentioned in the episode:
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Red Kite Prayer
- The Paceline Podcast
- Felt Bicycles
- It’s All About the Bike by Robert Penn
- Brompton Bikes
- Crested Butte
- Kingdom Trails
- Alpe d’Huez
- Dirt Rag
- GU Energy
- Dan Neil
- Santa’s little helper by Dan Neil
- A Beginner’s Guide to Cycling Gran Fondos
- Why I Am Not at Eroica
- 1982 Knight Industries Two Thousand: Regular Car Reviews
- 1982 LS Powered DeLorean DMC-12: Regular Car Reviews
- Eddie Merckx
- DiNucci Cycles
- Dirt Crits
- Annadel State Park
- The Credit Card Tour
- Lost in the Toiyabe
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- TMBA 264: The Artisan’s Approach to Podcasting
- TMBA 332: A Conversation with Mr. Money Mustache
- TMBA 336: Matt Farah on Breaking Through
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST.
Dan & Ian