Yes, we are talking about their original, old-school Dreamlines, written back when Dan and Ian first met.
For those unfamiliar with the term, a Dreamline is a document that asks you to write down what you want to have, be and do in life.
This process of taking some time for yourself, to determine what you really want, and visualize what your ideal life looks like can be extremely valuable.
On this episode, you’ll hear all about how these Dreamlines have directly caused change and progress in the lives of the hosts of this show. You’ll also hear a response to a listener submitted question about The 1,000 Day Rule, and the pros and cons of documenting your entrepreneurial journey.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- Why Dan has taken all business communication off of his phone. (3:29)
- What a Dreamline is. (7:44)
- Some of the things that Ian wrote on his Dreamline in 2009. (13:59)
- How Ian feels about his Dreamline 8 years later. (21:02)
- A listener’s story about his future after his $400,000 a year business failed. (23:48)
Mentioned in the episode:
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Help Us Choose a New Name for the TropicalMBA Podcast
- DC BKK
- Aziz Ansari
- Tim Ferriss
- The 4-Hour Workweek
- The 1,000 Day Rule
- Dan Norriss
- The Empire Flippers
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is brought to you by DCBKK. DCBKK is an immersive 5-day conference on October 18-22, 2017 hosted by the DC (Dynamite Circle) and presented by TropicalMBA creators Dan and Ian. The annual DCBKK conference is held in a 5 star hotel in Bangkok, Thailand for 250 established entrepreneurs running mid 5-figure to 8-figure businesses.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- TMBA 205 – Dreamline 3.0 – A Simple Approach to Getting What You Want in Life
- TMBA 400: Back To Our Roots
- TMBA 402: What’s Your Superpower?
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at email@example.com
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian