This week Dan is on vacation in Asia with his family, so I’ve invited Andrew Youderian of eCommerceFuel onto the show to talk about what it means to be a bootstrapper and the differences between a bootstrap business and funded business. We also share our thoughts about the drop-shipping model and where we see that headed in the next few years, and we discuss the community that Andrew’s building over at eCommerceFuel, where he has been helping entrepreneurs build online eCommerce stores.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- When you should be getting venture capital and when you should be bootstrapping.
- How Andrew started his first eCommerce business.
- How and why Andrew reinvested about $50,000 back into his business.
- The drawbacks and benefits of drop-shipping as a business model.
- Why Andrew decided to start his own online community.
- What we have learned from running communities of our own.
People on this episode:
Mentioned in the episode:
- The Dynamite Circle
- Call us at 888-554-8428
- TropicalMBA Listeners
- Our 10 Episode Series on Productized Services
- Right Channel Radios
- WP Engine
- Vanilla Forums
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST.
Dan & Ian