Hey there weekend warriors! This week’s happy hour drink sponsor is Orangina, a beverage with a special place in the heart of @AnythingIan.
Today we are going to talk about high level content strategy. First, it’s worth taking a look at Karol’s notes from reading Turning Pro. Many of you know I’m a huge War of Art fan, and I just got started with Turning Pro today based on Karol’s suggestion.
“The amateur allows his worth and identity to be defined by others. The amateur craves third-party validation.”
Ouch that’s harsh! In this episode we’ll explore strategies content marketers can employ to avoid the amateur trap.
Listen to this episode and learn:
- Why the advice to “cut out distractions” it’s often good-hearted but misguided advice that will land you in amateur-land.
- One of the most important tactics to employ (especially for really smart people).
- Thoughts on creating a compelling body of work (and why that’s the new branding).
- A hot new format for podcasters (that could be an opportunity in and of itself).
- And how to develop a trustworthy track record even if you haven’t had any big wins yet.
Click on this screenshot to subscribe to TTR in iTunes.
Get your voice or question on TTR!
- Leave me a message. It’s easy to do, and if you mess up, you can easily edit your message until you are ready to send it my way.
- Dynamite Circle
- Derek Halpern
- Tim Conley
- Dan Norris
- Joe and Justin
- Karol Gaida
- Frank Kern
- JD Roth
- Sovereign Man
People on this show:
Listen to show:
- Subscribe and download on iTunes.
- Download the MP3 file (right click and “save as”)
PS, you can get on my private mailing list by putting your email in the form below: