I’m in Bangkok this week, getting set up for DC BKK and I was very excited to run into our good friend David Hehenberger from WPCast.fm and FatCatApps.com. His products help marketers drive conversions from their WordPress sites. This is really a full-circle moment for us, as David used to edit the show in the early days of our podcast and work directly with us on a variety of projects. We’re gonna be talking with David about how he got his software company off the ground, how difficult it really is to develop a software product, and the challenges of working within the WordPress ecosystem.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- How David decided to get into developing software products.
- What attracted David to the WordPress platform for his SAAS business.
- The importance of market research during the formative stages of your business.
- The benefits of taking a “stair step” approach to growth.
- Why usability IS the product when it comes to software designs.
- What David would do differently if he were building the product today.
People on this episode:
Mentioned in the episode:
- Call us at 888-554-8428
- TropicalMBA Listeners
- 33k Downloads In 7 Months – How To Build A Successful WordPress Plugin
- “Finding Your Flywheel” – My Talk from MicroConf 2012
- How To Make $10,000 A Month With A WordPress Business
- 4 Business Models for Profitable WordPress Plugins
- Easy Pricing Tables Premium
- Easy Opt-ins For Mailchimp
- Easy Opt-ins For Campaign Monitor
- Vitamin vs. Aspirin
- Rob Walling
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST.
Dan & Ian