Dan goes back to his roots tearing up Vietnam while Ian gets multi-cultural by voice-overing one of the funniest Italian accents in iTunes podcasting history.
This week the guys got an email from an eager and ambitious listener, Skyler: I’m extremely passionate about entrepreneurship, however, I’ve found that it can be hard to find the right opportunities. So while I have the passion, I don’t think I have the necessary skills or experience at this point. One of my goals is to work for you guys at some point, so I just wanted to find out if there’s any one skill that I should try to develop over the next year or two?
The guys chewed on the question for a couple days. What are they looking for in employees and contractors? What skill is any entrepreneur looking for in employees and contractors? At the end of all that thinking (and a bit of a Vietnamese food coma) they found 5 skillsets that will be vital to anyone looking to hustle their way to a life of freedom and opportunity.
What Are The Top 5 Skillsets To Have In 2012?
- Writing – Honestly, it’s not hard to be a writer. Just ask anyone who says they are a writer.
- Developer with Design Sensibility – Having to go between two people to get this done is a total pain.
- Industrial Designer or Engineer – Those portable bars don’t just get thrown together in a factory somewhere!
- Internet Marketing – Not in the spammy “Make Money Teaching People To Make Money” way.
- The Hero Skillset – Your vision has to matter.
- What about helpful locals? When are they being helpful and when are they looking for money? What about pretty girls? – Jonathan Roseland
- I have a serious hang up that is stopping me from being successful in my business, and I think its one that affects a ton of entrepreneurs. Its the belief that they or their product is not valuable and not worth people spending hard earned money on it. Kind of a belief that making money should be hard for me because it is hard for others. – Jake
- DCer Jon Myers
- Web Domination Podcast
- Limitless Mindset Podcast
- The Coming Meltdown in College Education & Why The Economy Won’t Get Better Any Time Soon by Mark Cuban
Quick Tips, Tricks and Funny Jokes
- Beats by Dre
- Premium Pixels by Orman Clark
- Like the LBP iTunes subscription panel? Download your own .psd file here – just make sure to put your images on it!
Have fun. Leave a comment. Give us a ring. 888-554-8428. Go make it happen! :)
Episode length: 33:28
- If you want to download the audio, you can sync with the iTunes store for free!
- Or right-click here for a direct download.
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could click over to our iTunes page and give us a positive review. This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: Dan at lifestyle business podcast . com.