A few weeks ago, Dan and Ian published the first episode of a new series in which they look into options for a situation that many location-independent entrepreneurs have struggled with, at one time or another: If I can live anywhere in the world, where should that be?
On this week’s show, they will be focusing on two countries in Eastern Europe: Hungary and Georgia.
Clayton Cornell runs his own lead-generation business online, as well as one of Dan and Ian’s longtime favorite blogs called Spartan Traveler. Clayton shares his story about what led him to the capital of Hungary, Budapest.
You’ll also hear from Dana Lindahl. Dana has chosen Georgia as a home base and his wife has recently registered a company there. He describes what that process was like, as well as the entrepreneurial climate in this former Soviet republic.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- Why Clayton decided to leave the United States and why he decided on Budapest as a base. (4:55)
- How a relationship with someone from a different country led Dana to Georgia. (9:00)
- What kind of benefits come along with a Georgian residency. (13:34)
- What it’s like to live and work in Budapest as an entrepreneur. (17:06)
- The biggest advantages and disadvantages of living in these two countries. (29:40)
Mentioned in the episode:
- **NEW** TMBA Masterminds
- **NEW** Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Dr. Shannon Weeks
- Clayton Cornell
- Spartan Traveler
- Dana Lindahl
- Wizz Air
- The 4-Hour Workweek
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- TMBA 345: You’re a Resident of Where?
- TMBA 365: Estonian E-Residency: Is It For You?
- TMBA 373: Should You Base Yourself in Southern Europe?
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected]
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian [optin-cat id=”13853″]