Part of the reason Ian and I love Gary Vee so much is that he talks about some basic business fundamentals that don’t get brought up by many online business gurus. The two biggest things that have made us money? Hustle, and getting on the damn phone. <—- watch this awesome Gary Vee cold call video. This episode is about the dirty side of building a lifestyle business– we bring up 5 more “alternative” principles that have helped us to get our business off the ground that you aren’t going to hear from the gurus.
I briefly touch on an issue I want to flesh out a bit more in future episodes– “cost free travel.” I hate when my peanut brain tries to drag me in to an office in order to be productive or make some money. I want to be on planes, boats, and buses to exotic locations to meet with awesome people AND be making money while I’m doing it. I had an experience this weekend that makes me believe I’m getting there, more on that soon….
After that, we dedicate a full 7 minutes plus to Ian’s first run at a used car guide. For many entrepreneurs, transport makes up WAY TO MUCH of your yearly budget, and Ian is an absolute ninja at keeping those costs in line. If you are a car owner, we are hoping his guide to budget used car buying can be of some use. Enjoy! Get in touch if you have any questions on comments for the next Episode!
Mentioned in this episode:
- Chris’ (@MyEggNoodles) latest post 12 Things You Can Do When Your Web Earnings Decline
- Dan’s (@DanHaneveer) from Voyagner 5 Inspirational Travel Videos from Cambodia
- Tim Ferriss’ (@tferriss) How to Create Your Own Real World MBA
- Alan Pearlman’s (@AlanPerlman) No Regrets: Renaissance Living and a Bucket List
- Rob Burns (@RobBurnsBrain) I Declare Myself the World’s First Internet Marketing Un-Guru (I’m second Rob!)
- Via Nate (@whereisnate) (thanks!) http://www.parrotsecrets.com/ , also check out Nate’s blog Why I am Mad at Myself and How to Not Be Like Me Nate and I both suffer from entrepreneurial ADHD. (My solution is this podcast).
People in this episode:
- @anythingIan (Ian, CEO, Captain)
- @TropicalMBA (Dan, Nomadic Web Guy)
- @DansPodcast (Show news and notes)
Call us with your questions or comments at 888-554-8428 .
Episode length: 27:40
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could click over to our iTunes page and give us a positive review. This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email. Dan at lifestyle business podcast . com.
Here’s some quick shots from my 4 day (!) cost-free “weekend.”