That show elicited interesting and passionate responses from listeners, so we decided to do a follow-up.
This week, you’ll hear some specific feedback from our friend Laura Roeder, amongst others, as well as Dan and Ian’s feelings on – and strategies for – managing their own money, influenced by the many different views they’re heard on the subject.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- Some opinions from our listeners about our “How Do You Manage Your Money?” episode. (2:15)
- Why Ian is going to buy a home, even though he doesn’t think it’s a particularly strong investment. (6:03)
- Why you should be seeking autonomy in your investments and in your life. (15:26)
- What Dan believes is the most under-appreciated investment strategy. (16:09)
- Why we believe so many people are passionate about this topic. (26:45)
Share your thoughts:
- Agree or disagree with something we discussed?
- Have questions that we didn’t answer in the episode?
- Want to share an idea for a future episode of TMBA?
Just leave a voicemail for us in the box below or a comment on this post. We listen and read every message and might use it in an upcoming episode.
Our producer, Jane, would also love to hear from you at [email protected]
Mentioned in the episode:
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Laura Roeder
- Common Sense on Mutual Funds by John C. Bogle
- A Random Walk Down Wall Street by Burton G. Malkiel
- Mr. Money Mustache
- 6 Things Mark Cuban Says You Should Do With Your Money
- Dave Ramsey
- The Empire Flippers
- Venkat Rao
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- TMBA309: “Though We’ve Hit Over 100k MRR in Less Than a Year, I Still Feel Like an Outsider”
- TMBA328: How Do You Manage Your Money?
- TMBA332: A Conversation With Mr. Money Mustache
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST.
Dan & Ian