I always love writing “we’ve got a job opening” posts. Back in the day, Ian and I used to rely almost exclusively on Craiglist to recruit new team members. Now we get to hear directly from our readers, and those they refer. As always, thanks for sharing this post with those who might benefit from a position like this.
Why are we hiring? It’s pretty straightforward. We’re looking for a motivated professional to manage and respond to emails in a timely manner with high-level entrepreneurs (our DC members). The types of emails you’ll come across include everything from people interested in joining the DC and login issues, to feature requests and triaging credit card decline issues in Paypal and Chargify.
In addition, you will be an active reader in the DC. You’ll be helping us write posts, curate links, and manage DC team threads including our monthly junto threads – “i.e. worldwide meetups.”
There’s also some backend processes and systems that you’ll be updating on a daily basis. This includes updating our CRM (Zoho) billing systems and Vanilla Forums. As a result, you will be working with a complex set of tools that we use – including Zoho, Chargify, Paypal, Vanilla Forums, Slack, Drip and, of course, Google Drive. (While not required, if you have experience working with any of these tools, please let us know in your application).
These are all SOP’d tasks that need to be done on a routine basis. But, we’re looking for someone that can not only come in on a part-time basis and get the work done, but also is willing to bring their own ideas to the table and update our processes.
This position is ideal for a current or former professional who’s taking a career break to pursue other goals. We’d love candidates who have demonstrated experience interacting with entrepreneurs, executives, and business professionals.
You’ll be working directly with our community manager, Jessica Malnik.
This job requires a high level of communications competence. And you’ve gotta love dealing with people. Even if it’s just written communication (most of the time).
Based on our experience, once you are fully ramped up, the job will take about 2 to 3 hours a day to complete. That’ll work out to around 40 to 55 hours a month.
We’ll be looking for applicants who:
- Excel at written communication.
- Enjoy following directions and innovating on processes.
- Appreciate and respond well to critical feedback.
- Have professional experience, bonus if in administrative or customer service capacities.
- Bonus if you have experience with Chargify, Paypal and Braintree, Google Drive and Slack. Not necessary, but nice.
- The position will be a part-time, paid, contract position around 50 hours per month. This will start with a 90 day initial trial period. Payment will be made monthly via wire transfer.
- This position is location independent. We don’t care where you live as long as your internet connection is capable of sending emails (with large attachments) and having clear Skype calls. If you are regularly in areas of the world with spotty internet this isn’t a good gig for you.
- We prefer those in US or European timezones. If you’re in Asia it’s okay but we know how hard it is to take calls at 11PM (it sucks!) and you’ll need to demonstrate your willingness to do this.
- The pay is $800 USD monthly. This will start as a 3 month trial period. We’re willing to extend if this position turns out to be a win-win.
This Job is Not for You If:
- You were looking for a mentorship or apprentice role in order to start your own micro-multinational business.
- You want to grow your own brand and publish your writing on TMBA. This is mostly a behind-the-scenes role helping DCers; calls will be with Jessica Malnik.
- You can’t build a routine for a series of projects and work independently.
You made it all the way down here? Here’s how to apply.
- Please fill out the job application form here.
- The deadline to apply is Friday November 11, 2016.
Thanks for your interest! We look forward to working with you.