Today’s guest is going to attempt to change their opinion.
Amol Sarva is the founder of Knotel, a startup based in New York City that offers “Headquarters on Demand”. Their model draws inspiration from some practices commonly used in the hospitality industry – and they’ve had some tremendous success.
In this episode, Amol talks about his philosophies on offices, how Knotel came to be and his vision for the future of workplaces for startups.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- What Knotel is and what problems they solve for their customers. (2:15)
- The difference between “foxes” and “hedgehogs”. (5:50)
- How Knotel’s users are reacting to the evolution of the company. (12:24)
- What practices Knotel has borrowed from the hospitality industry. (19:12)
- Amol’s vision for the future of office space. (24:05)
Mentioned in the episode:
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Derek Sivers
- CD Baby
- Amol Sarva
- Virgin Mobile
- Halo Neuroscience
- The Hedgehog and the Fox by Isaiah Berlin
- Alan Kay
- Amazon Web Services
- Starwood Hotels & Resorts
A big thanks to AppSumo – this episode’s sponsor. AppSumo is the place to find huge deals on tools to help you grow your online business. They’ve put together some great free stuff for TMBA listeners as well, check it out: AppSumo.com/TMBA
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- TMBA 323: No Office Required
- TMBA 325: A Conversation With Ribbonfarm’s Venkat Rao
- TMBA 366: A Conversation with Ricardo Semler
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected]
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian