Today, you will hear from two entrepreneurs who have made Thailand, and more specifically the northern capital of Chiang Mai, their home bases for the portion of a year.
Philippe Bordeau is the founder of HammockUniverse.com. He shares his story, including the details of a Visa that he has acquired that allows him to be a resident of Thailand for up to 6 years at a time.
You’ll hear how a community of expats and entrepreneurs enticed them both to stay in Chiang Mai.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- Phil’s experience the first time he traveled to Thailand. (8:38)
- How Phil managed to get a 5 year residency visa for Thailand and how much it cost. (17:08)
- Some common misconceptions about living in Thailand. (23:41)
- What led Leanne and her husband to Thailand. (27:26)
- The downsides of living in Chiang Mai. (31:03)
Mentioned in the episode:
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Growth Ninja
- Phillipe Bordeau
- Hammock Universe
- Leanne Woodmass
This week’s sponsor:
A big thanks to Growth Ninja – this episode’s sponsor. Are you looking for a reliable and hands-off way to scale your company’s revenue? Growth Ninja is an industry proven Facebook ad service that can explode your sales funnel.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- TMBA 373: Should You Base Yourself in Southern Europe?
- TMBA 376: Should You Base Yourself in Eastern Europe?
- TMBA 386: Should You Base Yourself in Andorra or Panama?
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at email@example.com
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian