If you remember, we recently put out a call for someone who would be willing to start a productized service business on the show. Jeff Pecaro was the person who answered – and we’ll be following his progress in the weeks to come.
But this week Dan has decided to give Bossman a well-deserved rest and to invite Jeff to co-host the show. Why? Because it features Brian Casel, an expert in productized services. Brian has not only found success with his own productized services businesses but has also helped other entrepreneurs, like Jeff, follow suit.
Listen in as Brian shares his expertise about productized services, freelancing, and how his new business has benefited exponentially from his experience running his first one.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- What kind of founders are the best fit for a productized service business. (2:51)
- How to determine which part of your skill set can become a product. (6:00)
- Why being a productized service entrepreneur means you actually have to say no to money. (8:20)
- Why people fail at the productized service model. (19:58)
- Some business ideas that Brian has donated to the Tropical MBA listeners. (24:30)
Mentioned in the episode:
- The Dynamite Circle
- Jeff Pecaro
- Brian Casel
- LTV Machine
- Audience Ops
- Bootstrapped Web Podcast
- Restaurant Engine
- Rob Walling
- John Logar
- Andrew Warner
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- TMBA227: The Rise of Productized Services
- TMBA307: The One Where a Business Starts on the Show
- TMBA311: Productized Part II: “Putting Yourself Out There Can Hurt”
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected].
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST.
Dan & Ian