This week, we’re talking about the four elements of the “Hero’s Quest” that every entrepreneur embarks on. This episode is all about looking back and understanding the first six months of taking off on a new project or a new business, the struggle that it is, and how valuable that can end up being on the narrative of your life. We also answer some listener questions, including one about cold calling a huge corporation to make a sale.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- The pros and cons of a software business versus a product business as a first entrepreneurial venture.
- How to find the turning point in your quest and capitalize on it.
- What you can do to develop your own opportunities that don’t need to be within existing scripts.
- Why you need to forget about the real world sometimes and build yourself a new one.
- How to identify and overcome the obstacles on your path to success.
People on this episode:
Mentioned in the episode:
- Call us at 888-554-8428
- TropicalMBA Listeners
- The 1000 Day Rule: What Living the Dream Really Looks Like
- TMBA 064: 6 Ways to Get Laid or Get Paid
- Startups for the Rest of Us: 5 Startup Rules to Live By with Dan Norris
- Mark Cuban
- Seth Godin’s Startup School
- Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain
- Business Stripped Bare by Richard Branson
- Nate Damm
- Felix Dennis
- The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand
- The Alchemest by Paulo Coelho
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST.
Dan & Ian
PPS, if you’d like to receive emails from us occasionally, you can put your email address into the form below: