Our old friend and former team member Taylor Pearson from TaylorPearson.me has come by this week to help us have a broad, round-table conversation about team building. We talk about the ways that Ian and I have done it, and Taylor shares some insider insight about being on our team. We also answer a question from a young listener about whether he should be learning a skill set like SEO or diving headfirst into his own business.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- The benefits of “Training in Altitude” and “Playing with House Money”.
- Why we don’t generally hire 30 year-olds.
- Our definition of an “Open Door” management policy.
- Why we believe in the “Six Months to Michael Keaton” approach.
- When to hire a contractor and when to find a full-time employee.
- Why we are returning to the era of apprenticeships and why that works better for everyone involved.
People on this episode:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian