In this episode, you’ll hear from someone who hasn’t just settled on a place but is also considering applying for citizenship there too. Dustin Overbeck is the creator of a company that does website and design for municipalities called TownWeb.
What makes Dustin’s story different from others that we’ve heard in this series is that he’s not just making decisions for himself and, perhaps, one other – but for a family of four, including two young kids.
On this week’s podcast, you’ll find out why Dustin and his wife decided to leave the Philippines, what factors they had to take into consideration and why, ultimately, they settled on moving their family to Brasov, Romania.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- Why Dustin ended up leaving his “dream job” in Los Angeles. (4:55)
- What led the Overbecks to Europe. (11:36)
- How Dustin and his family were able to obtain Romanian visas. (14:13)
- How much it actually costs to live in Romania. (18:18)
- Why Dustin believes Romania could be a great fit for digital nomads. (26:21)
Mentioned in the episode:
- **NEW** TMBA Masterminds
- **NEW** Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Dustin Overbeck
- The 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss
- Dustin’s Crib Sheet
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- TMBA 365: Estonian E-Residency: Is It For You?
- TMBA 373: Should You Base Yourself in Southern Europe?
- TMBA 376: Should You Base Yourself in Eastern Europe?
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected]
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian [optin-cat id=”13853″]