People have been asking us to open up a little bit more about some of our specific business ventures so this week we’re going to be talking about our new software-as-a-service product, ValetUp.com. We’re 9 months into the company, and we’ve already faced some significant challenges. On this week’s episode we’ll be discussing the 5 things that we’d do differently if we were starting up a SaaS business today.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- Why you need to be avoiding “the idea trap.”
- How to focus on the features your customers are interested in instead of the ones that will make you the most money.
- Why you shouldn’t be undervaluing design as a competitive advantage.
- The important difference between painful problems and profitable problems.
- Why we thought we’d be the next Steve Jobs (and why we bombed at that).
People on this episode:
Mentioned in the episode:
- Call us at 888-554-8428
- Taylor Pearson
- Rob and Mike at Startups For The Rest of Us
- Patrick McKenzie – Kalzumeus
- Jason Cohen
- Families on the Road
- TropicalMBA Listeners
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST.
Dan & Ian