But generally, they find there is a mental cost that comes with any kind of productivity boost. Namely, the harder someone works, the more stress is added to their life. But, what if there were a few easy steps to increase productivity, whilst minimizing those kinds of costs?
Dan has been spending some time New York City recently. And, whenever he makes his way to NYC, he makes it a point to catch up with Taylor Pearson, who is one of the most productive people he knows. Taylor is the author of The End of Jobs, and a very frequent guest on this show.
In this week’s episode, Taylor shares four productivity strategies that he has tested himself and teaches his students. He recommends them as do-able ways to become more capable and productive.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- Why it is important to talk about productivity. (5:36)
- How the concept of the “90 Day Sprint” can help some entrepreneurs be more productive. (11:45)
- The difference between leading and lagging indicators of success. (17:42)
- How to make money with courage and wisdom, rather than labor. (29:07)
- Some of Dan and Taylor’s favorite tips for increasing productivity. (35:44)
Mentioned in the episode:
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Growth Ninja
- Taylor Pearson
- The End of Jobs by Taylor Pearson
- Getting Things Done by David Allen
- Deep Work by Cal Newport
- Y Combinator
- Paul Graham
- The 12 Week Year by Brian P. Moran
- Work the System by Sam Carpenter
- The Black Swan by Nassim Taleb
- Antifragile by Nassim Taleb
- Steven Pressfield
- News Feed Eradicator for Chrome
- Keyboard Shortcuts for Gmail
This week’s sponsor:
A big thanks to Growth Ninja – this episode’s sponsor. Are you looking for a reliable and hands-off way to scale your company’s revenue? Growth Ninja is an industry proven Facebook ad service that can explode your sales funnel.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- TMBA 280: How Our Software Startup Died a Slow Quiet Death
- TMBA 363: The Value of Apprenticeships
- TMBA 381: A Conversation with Cal Newport
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected]
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian