Chuck Marohn is the president of a nonprofit organization called Strong Towns. Through that work Chuck has helped create a framework for how our cities and towns can become financially stronger and more prosperous.
Today’s podcast is an inspiring, and perhaps controversial, conversation about what kinds of towns and cities we want to live in, and what those places might look like in the future.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- How Chuck first learned about the infrastructure problem in the United States. (5:50)
- Why modern American engineering has revolved around cars. (11:23)
- What kind of relationships developers have with the towns that they work in. (19:52)
- Why Chuck believes that Detroit is an example of the direction that most American cities are headed. (24:57)
- How Chuck got started with Strong Towns and what his vision is for the future of the project. (42:01)
Mentioned in the episode:
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Growth Ninja
- Chuck Marohn
- Joe Rogan
- The Incremental Development Alliance
This week’s sponsor:
A big thanks to Growth Ninja – this episode’s sponsor. Are you looking for a reliable and hands-off way to scale your company’s revenue? Growth Ninja is an industry proven Facebook ad service that can explode your sales funnel.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- TMBA 325: A Conversation With Ribbonfarm’s Venkat Rao
- TMBA 385: To Headquarter or Not to Headquarter?
- TMBA 387: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected]
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian