During that conversation, Greg mentioned that he had recently interacted with many listeners of this show, and that a large portion of them owned services businesses.
He also spoke about how he believed that those entrepreneurs were struggling to take the next step in their business.
This insight into the audience of the show got our hosts thinking. What if they could help those entrepreneurs take that next step?
On this week’s episode, Dan and Ian will be talking at great length about what “The Services Problem” is, as well as sharing three strategies that entrepreneurs with these types of businesses can employ in order to solve it.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- What the “Services Problem” is. (1:56)
- Why the problem doesn’t disappear when you scale. (11:08)
- One strategy that services entrepreneurs can use to productize their businesses. (16:51)
- The natural evolution of a service-based business. (18:29)
- Why it might make sense not to scale your services business. (24:42)
Mentioned in the episode:
- TMBA Masterminds
- Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Help Us Choose a New Name for the TropicalMBA Podcast
- DC BKK
- Greg Gerber
This week’s sponsor:
This week’s episode is brought to you by Ahrefs. Ahrefs offers unbelievable tools to help you grow your search traffic, research your competitors, and monitor your niche. Best of all, they are offering one lucky TropicalMBA listener a chance to win a free annual subscription valued at almost $2000. Enter to win by sharing this episode on your Facebook page and letting us know in the comments below.
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected]
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian