Lately, Dan has had a very specific itch. Email tracking software has really been getting on Dan’s nerves. So much so that he even wrote a recent blog post about how much it’s upsetting him.
Enter Sonny Tulyaganov. Sonny was feeling some of the very same frustrations with email tracking software that Dan has been experiencing. But Sonny decided to do something about it. He developed a browser plugin called Ugly Email, which allows you to see who is tracking your email.
On this week’s show, you’ll hear the history of how Sonny developed this plugin, and startling revelations about just how much of the information in your inbox is at risk.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- How Sonny first found out about email tracking software. (4:56)
- How much access a browser plugin could theoretically have to someone’s information. (7:55)
- Whether Ugly Email has changed the way that people use email. (14:10)
- Why Sonny has turned down many offers from potential partners and investors. (18:23)
- What he believes the future looks like for his plugin. (22:45)
Mentioned in the episode:
- **NEW** TMBA Masterminds
- **NEW** Sponsor the TMBA Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Sonny Tulyaganov
- Ugly Email
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- TMBA 348: You’ve Got Mail
- TMBA 360: Clay Collins and The Unraveling Marketing Stack
- TMBA 378: “If at First You Don’t Succeed, Try Try Try Again.”
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected]
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST. Cheers, Dan & Ian