Dan and Ian go deep during this week’s podcast and start talking long term strategy and revitalizing your entrepreneurial drive with a focus on the philosophy that motivates your actions. This isn’t an episode for passive listening so strap on your thinking caps.
The fellas discuss the difference between their current drives and motives and what spurred them forward when they were first starting out in entrepreneurship. This combined with talk of narrowing your focus and thinking more strategically about your project involvement makes for a juicy episode. Pop in your earbuds and listen in for an eye opening adventure.
Change Your Thinking, Change Your Business
- Why you might not notice the biggest cost in your business and what you can do about it.
- How to utilize SOD’s in context to amplify your employees’ growth.
- Why switching focus from your business to your industry can have a profound effect on sales.
- The difference between SOD’s and Scope documents and their synergistic effect.
- Simon Sineck – Start With Why (Affiliate Link/Non-affiliate Link)
- Simon Black – Sovereign Man
- William Shirer – The Rise and Fall of The Third Rich (Affiliate Link/Non-affiliate Link)
- Ricardo Semler – Maverick (Affiliate Link/Non-affiliate Link)
- Jim Collins – Good to Great (Affiliate Link/Non-affiliate Link)
- David Allen – Getting Things Done (Affiliate Link/Non-affiliate Link)
- LPB Episode # 134 – The SOP Episode
- David Hehenberger – Shopping Cart Labs
- Jimmy Hayes – Minaal Brand
- Joe Magnotti & Justin Cooke – Empire Flippers
Just The Tips
- “Limit to Your Love” – James Blake
- Leave us a message. It’s easy to do, and if you mess up, you can easily edit your message until you are ready to send it our way.
Have fun. Leave a comment. Go make it happen! :)
- If you want to download the audio, you can sync with the iTunes store
- Android, Apple, Palm & other listeners can listen on Stitcher Radio
- Or right-click here for a direct download.
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could click over to our iTunes page and give us a positive review or visit Stitcher radio and give us the good ol’ Thumbs Up. This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: Dan at lifestyle business podcast . com.