*** Please note: this position is currently closed. We open up new TMBA positions every few months (next one coming up in just a few weeks….), sign up for the mailing list to be alerted upon the next opportunity.
* * *
On our podcast we talk a lot about the currencies of time, income, and mobility work together as a system. You can often sacrifice one currency to gain another.
Given the option, which currency would you optimize for?
I’m not shy about wanting to become wealthy, or travel around, but for me it was always time that was the most appealing. I believed if I had the time to read the books, to apply the concepts, to build something from scratch, I would be okay.
This is an opportunity for somebody looking to maximize their time.
I can promise you this– on this lonely little island in the Philippine archipelago, you’ll have a lot of it.
If you have a friend who would love to spend a few quiet months in a resort in the Philippines, I would appreciate you forwarding this post to them. Thank you!
* * *
Over the past few years, my good friend Sean has graciously hosted 5 online marketers at his Badladz resorts in Puerto Galera, Philippines. If you are interested in how this works, you must listen to this podcast interview with him. The last guy, Jeff Parke, has been here almost five months (and will continue to stay on through October, he’ll be there to get the new person up to speed). Just like the interns who preceded him, he has managed to turn months of zero cost living into a jumping off point to bootstrap his own business.
There is hardly a better spot on the planet to baseline your expenses, relax, and focus on your work. Perhaps you’ve got a few bucks saved up, an internet business already started, or maybe you just want to chill out on a tropical island for a few months and write a novel.
You’ll be treated like a VIP by Mylene and the friendly staff at Badladz. Included in the deal is a free room at the Badladz resort, 3 full meals per day, free laundry service, and free use of the Badladz motor scooters.
Just imagine how creative you can be without any distractions– no cooking, cleaning, laundry, commute, shopping, bills, or odd jobs. You’ll be (quite literally) waited on every day.
So what’s the catch? Well it’s not all fun and games— you’ll be expected to spend two hours a day, 5 days a week, serving as the resort’s marketing director. You’ll basically be updating social media sites and blog content. You’ll also be expected to help out as the resident ‘expert’ on a day-to-day basis. You’ll be called on a lot as resident smart person and Internet guru. Your ideas for how to improve the resort– from improving the router, to Youtube strategy, to updating the affiliate programs– will likely be implemented. Sean is cool like that.
We are looking for helpful team players willing to be part of the Badladz crew. Everyone in Puerto Galera will get to know you and you’ll become part of the family here at Badladz.
Here’s Jeff, the guy currently hanging out on the beach:
You will manage the following processes:
- General tech support around the resorts.
- Regularly update marketing for websites.
- Continue ongoing marketing campaigns.
- Maintain existing booking agencies and implement new ones (Agoda and similar).
- Update social media sites continually.
- You’ll be working on Sean’s Youtube channel, Resort Rebel, Badladz, Badladz dive shop, among other evolving projects and businesses.
General expectations of you are:
- You are results focused.
- You’ve got no problem with tech and marketing stuff– WordPress, content marketing, social media, SEO, Aweber, affiliate programs and all the rest.
- Excellent WordPress skills. The whole business runs on WordPress, so we are looking for people with a demonstrated track record with the platform.
- Excellent with computers in general.
- Functional SEO for websites and YouTube videos (Sean’s videos have over 1 Million views!!!).
- The Philippines is a crazy developing country, candidates will do well to address the “fit” issue and let us know why they are drawn and prepared to live in a random island in the Philippines (or show some kind of experience or drive to do so).
Some words from previous people who had this position:
From Jeff Parke (the current TMBA):
“This is one of the best opportunities in the location independent entrepreneurial universe.
This is not an exaggeration, the day I applied to the TMBA internship was one of the most important days of my life. Soon I was hopping a flight to the other side of the planet and accelerating toward the lifestyle I’d been clawing after.
The beauty of this internship is that you have an unbelievable amount of time on your hands to do whatever-the-hell-you-want. For me that has been tapping away on the laptop, making new connections, and bootstrapping an online biznass. Back in the States, I tried to make it happen on nights and weekends as I suffered through the corporate day-job grind.
Here, you can truly reclaim your time and energy, and use it to wrangle whatever you’re dreaming up.
Speaking of dreaming, I still have to pinch myself sometimes as I look up from my laptop and gaze out at the turquoise waters and green islands in the distance.
Mylene, Sean, and the staff at Badladz are all really great people and will take care of just about anything you need. I’ve had a ton of fun here and recommend it to anyone who wants to take their business/lifestyle to the next level.”
- The compensation for this job is free room, 3 daily meals (delicious!), laundry, and motorbike usage for 6 months.
- Application deadline is 12PM EST Wednesday evening August 14th.
- We’ll make our decision by the following Wednesday, August 21st.
- Full time job starts October 1st, 2013. We’ll make sure Jeff is on the ground to get you trained up on all the systems at the resort.
- The deal extends for 6 months.
Here’s how you can apply:
- Record a 1:00 video of yourself. Tell us why you’d be a great fit for Sean’s resort. Set the video as “unlisted” and grab the URL.
- Fill out this form, and be sure to have your Youtube (or other video sharing service) link handy.
- That’s it!
If you have any questions about the offers above, please ask them in the comments so I can answer them for everyone’s benefit.
PS, if you want to make sure to be notified of job positions like this in the future, please put your email address into the form below: