Gabby is an extremely well qualified ‘English as a second language’ teacher who has spent many years teaching abroad, including a substantial stint in Japan.
She initially started posting videos on the YouTube channel to help her students with tricky and recurring problems they had. But, just over a year ago, a change of circumstances – and also a desire to have greater flexibility to travel – led her to develop her online sideline into a successful business. She started offering courses through Go Natural English, using YouTube as a way for people to connect with her.
In this episode Gabby shares the tips and strategies which have enabled her to gain over 150,000 subscribers. She also talks through some of the mistakes she made (so you don’t have to).
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- What inspired Gabby to leave her established career and become an entrepreneur. (3:43)
- One of the hardest experiences that Gabby faced as an entrepreneur. (7:55)
- Gabby process for recording multiple videos at a time and automating their publishing schedule. (10:25)
- Some tips for people who are launching their own YouTube channel. (16:40)
- Techniques for getting more people to view the videos that you make.(26:50)
Mentioned in the episode:
- The Dynamite Circle
- The DC Podcast
- Go Natural English
- The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod
- Eric Bandholz
- Canon EOS Rebel T3i
- Zoom Audio Recorders
- Five Secrets to Improve Your English Listening Skills
Enjoyed this podcast? Check out these:
- TMBA126: 5 Ways to Produce Expert Level Content (Even If You Aren’t An Expert)
- TMBA253: A Bootstrapper’s Thoughts on Intellectual Property
- TMBA272: Is It Getting Harder to Grow a Successful Business Selling Info Products?
- Subscribe via iTunes.
- Listen on Stitcher Radio.
- Android users can grab our RSS feed here.
- Right-click and “save file as” for direct download.
- Or click here to get sent to the top of the page where the on-site player is.
- Have comments about the show, or ideas for things you’d like Dan and Ian to discuss on future episodes? Our producer Jane would love to hear from you at [email protected].
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Thursday morning 8AM EST.
Dan & Ian