Network with other DC members who are service providers, investors, and experts in their field.
Our members start mastermind groups, give each other business advice, hire each other, and do joint venture projects. Wouldn’t you prefer to do with business with somebody that you know that has demonstrated they know what they are talking about too?
Share bleeding edge actionable advice and business challenges with other internet entrepreneurs who are getting it done.
Some of our most popular discussions and threads in the DC have been from members who laid it all on the line to get honest advice. Sure, it’s tough, and the feedback can be a tough pill to swallow. But as a community we not only learn from one person’s experience, we band together to lift them up and get their business to a better place.
Get exclusive no-bullshit dish-the-goods access to our Media Library.
Hear insider grey-hat webinars on SEO, podcasting, incorporation, and manufacturing. Copies of the speeches from our annual meetup events. Documents and templates for taking your own business to the next level. And more always in the works.
Follow other case studies from DC members.
Our members don’t just dominate in their businesses, they invite other members along for the ride, by sharing the steps from concept-to-creation is a super open and transparent way. We’ve seen: an iPhone/Android start-up, an info product start-up, a men’s travel luggage and clothing site, and many of Ian’s and my own products and programs.
Find out the real-deal scoop of what it’s like to be a location independent entrepreneur in cities around the world.
We have over 50 Location Groups on the site, with DCers who are traveling through and those who have lived there for months or even years. More than a Wiki or geo-forum, these groups are specifically designed to hook you up with folks who are interested in doing the same things you are. Cause we all know that those sites aren’t uploading SpeedTest results at your favorite cafe!
It’s Not Just a Forum
Although there are many great discussions in the DC forums, there’s also a ton of interaction between Dynamite Circle members going on behind the scenes.
There are over 900 active DCers worldwide
You see that map? Each pin represents the location of at least one DC member around the world. That’s a lot of us playing on our laptops in cafes and co-working spaces!
In addition to our annual conference in Bangkok in October, more and more DCers are hosting their own meetups throughout the year. It’s been said that the best part of the DC is what happens outside the DC. Joining the DC opens you up to a global network of people who think and work exactly like you.
In terms of focus or level of business- we have entrepreneurs with all types of businesses and scales. Physical products, SEO, marketing, SaaS, accounting, medical, copywriting, eCommerce, and consulting are just a few of the business areas that our members focus on. Chances are high that whatever your business is, there are members who have worked on something similar.
Here are a few characteristics you can expect from a DCer:
- DCers are entrepreneurs focused on building quality, legit businesses that can be run from anywhere on earth.
- DCers are interested in spending effort and resources to help other members succeed.
- DCers are internationally focused. We are invested heavily in exploring locations and countries that optimize our business practices, legal structure, and lifestyle possibilities.
- DCers are people who are about getting it done. We champion discussions that focus on practical solutions to members’ problems and push solutions forward.
To describe it simply, the DC is set up like a social network. Here are a few images to give you a glimpse of what to expect on the inside. These pictures do not encompass all of the features of the site, but several main areas.
Current members of the Dynamite Circle are entrepreneurs who:
- Have an established business – aka one that is generating a reasonable monthly revenue
- Are able to provide evidence of business ownership with a URL to their services website, E-store, Portfolio of work, Other online presence, etc.
- Have employees or have outsourced individuals supporting their business
- Value travel and are location independent (meaning they have a business they can leave for an extended time without serious interruption)
- Are not supplementing their income through solo-freelance jobs, small one-off niche/affiliate sites, ad-roll revenue, etc.
- Have an abundance mindset, giving attitude, and expertise that is more important than traditional business success.
If you’re a beginner, this isn’t the place for you. DC is reserved for entrepreneurs already running profitable businesses, who are in bootstrap phase, or who have a focused professional skill-set and a huge entrepreneurial drive. No absolute beginners please. DCers that do ask for feedback from the group pay it forward by researching other people’s problems, providing them with help, and sharing their own personal experience. Essentially– they do what entrepreneurs do– give more than they get.
Here’s a breakdown of how you can expect the application process to go down:
1) After clicking on the “Apply Now” button on this page, you’ll be led to an application form.
2) Upon completion of your application, you should receive an e-mail from us within several minutes confirming we’ve received your application.
3) Within 24-48 hours, you’ll receive a follow up e-mail from our Community Manger, Kim, updating you on the status of your application.
4) If you’ve met the qualifications and are accepted, Kim will direct you to our PayPal page to set up your subscription.
5) After that, you’re in! Kim will send you a link to set up your Dynamite Circle profile, which will give you access to the community.
6) We have a New Members group that will be waiting for you. Here you’ll be introduce yourself to everyone and catch up on important information about us.
Cost of membership in the DC is currently $147/quarter. This is billed through your PayPal account (either to the account or your associated credit card) as a recurring subscription.
If you’ve been hustling location independent businesses but haven’t had the chance to meet an actual DCer yet, don’t worry! We’re interested in finding people who would be strong additions to the community, even if you haven’t been able to snag a referral.
The main difference between referred and non-referred applicants is that that with non-referrals we take a more in-depth look at your business and experience to make sure that you fit our qualification requirements.
“I’ve been part of dozens of online communities over the past 10-15 years and at one stage ran my own community with over 3000 members and I can honestly tell you the DC is definitely a one-of-a-kind.
The mix of people in there with deep business experience across a huge range of industries and the fact that DCers actually care about each other makes it a unique place. Whether its picking up a game changing idea or networking with like-minded people, if you’re running anything that remotely resembles an online business, its definitely worth checking it out.” – Brendan Tully, The Search Engine Shop
“The DC is great for connecting me with like-minded people when, back home myself and my husband felt so damn alone, in this whole lifestyle.” – Jill Stanton, Screw The 9-5
“The quality of content, connections, and wisdom I’ve received from the DC far exceed what I pay. Probably to the tune of a triple digit multiple. A big reason I signed up was that it was targeting those who are actually doing something. People who have the lifestyle, and the businesses to show for it.” – Jon Myers
“The DC has been a game changer for my business. After failing with my last startup I was 2 weeks away from having to get a job. I launched my new business doing WordPress support and got immediate support from a bunch of great entrepreneurs. 10 months later we are a team of 8 with 230 customers. I’ve met some good people and learned loads about travel and entrepreneurship as well. The DC is the only forum I’m active in. If you can get a referral to get in, then jump on it.”- Dan Norris, WP Curve
“The true hustlers don’t see the value in just writing a blog. They can rake in cash instead and close deals in that time. I am glad that Dan and Ian thought differently and started the DC.” – Chris Dietrich, ChrisDietrich.net
“To sit with other entrepreneurs and realize that I’m not the only one who has fears, I’m so happy I could cry.”
Peter Shankman – Author, Angel Investor, HARO Founder, Founder Shankminds
“The Dynamite Circle is the place to be for expat entrepreneurs and location independent founders around the world. The breadth of knowledge and experience is incredible. Members believe in giving at least as much as they get, which makes for a truly unique experience. The fact that I can pop into a city almost anywhere in the world and instantly have connections with other entrepreneurs like me is unbelievably helpful.”
Justin Cooke – Empire Flippers
“In the last year I’ve experienced a revolution inside myself. A total change of mindset, lifestyle, and point of view about key concepts in life. The DC has played an important role in that. It has helped to knock down some walls and barriers I had and I’ve found a place where people finally understand my language…and I understand theirs.” – Cristina Ansbjerg. Business Systems and Processes Consultant
Yes! Many current DCers joined after taking some time to strengthen their business experience.
If you’re not there yet, GET THERE! We get it, we’ve been there. You don’t have to wait for 1000 Days like we did to find a community, but you gotta be willing to do the hard work and build up your biz.
We can’t wait to welcome someone like you in our ranks.