Dan and Ian dig into some of the most talked about and effective online business models for the bootstrapping entrepreneur. They discuss the strengths and weaknesses of each but it also comes with a healthy dose of why you might not want to use particular business models.
This episode is all about getting your business rolling, whether you’re looking to generate passive income or really start pounding the pavement. You’ll see that just because it’s popular, it may not be the best method over the long run and a little planning up front can get you off to a faster start, and provide explosive growth benefits in the future.
Would You Rather Have 1,000 Fans or 10 Clients?
- Why your mini-monopoly in brick and mortar won’t translate online, and what you can do about it.
- Dan and Ian’s “Layering the Cake” model that multiplies your income from every customer.
- How getting 100 people to pay you $1 per day can sometimes trump the 1,000 true fan model.
- How to flip the triangle and transform clients into fans instead of fans into clients, and why that’s better for you.
- Andy Gray – A Congruent Life Podcast – Episode #7 : The Dan Andrews Interview
- Brian Cain – Brian’s Website
- Gordon Ramsay – Wikipedia
- Kevin Kelly – 1,000 True Fans Model
- The Problem with 1,000 True Fans
- Seth Godin – Startup School
- Tim Ferriss – on The School of Greatness and SoapBox
Just The Tips
- Dan and Ian’s exact SOD they use in their business
- “Triple J Remix” – Madeon
- June 15 – DCx Chicago
- July 19 – DCx Amsterdam
- October 18 – DC BKK
- Leave us a message. It’s easy to do, just attach a simple .mp3 recording to the email.
Have fun. Leave a comment. Go make it happen! :)
- If you want to download the audio, you can sync with the iTunes store
- Android, Apple, Palm & other listeners can listen on Stitcher Radio
- Or right-click here for a direct download.
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could click over to our iTunes page and give us a positive review or visit Stitcher radio and give us the good ol’ Thumbs Up. This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: Dan at lifestyle business podcast . com.